AeroTex GmbH was established in 2018, in Vienna, Austria. The company is a consultancy focused purely on the issue of in-flight icing. Despite being a young company, it contains a significant amount of experience. AeroTex GmbH has full usage rights for the suite of analysis tools developed by AeroTex UK LLP, which have a demonstrated capability spanning many years. Our capability includes ice detection and protection systems, numerical analysis, icing wind tunnel test support and certification support.
Richard Moser, Managing Director
ARAeS, MEng (Hons)
Richard has been involved in aircraft icing for over 19 years, working on a wide range of projects, including fundamental research (Super-cooled Large Droplets, SLD), civil jet transports (Boeing 787) and rotorcraft (Merlin and Apache). He has been heavily involved in both the development and application of several icing codes (2D and 3D), and has taken part in many icing wind tunnel test campaigns, including acting as Trials Manager, in some of the worlds major icing test facilities. He has also participated in natural icing flight trials for the Merlin and Apache helicopters. Richard is recognised internationally within the aircraft icing world, having organised and chaired sessions for both AIAA and SAE conferences. He has been an independent aircraft icing consultant since 2007.
- Palmer, R., Roberts, I., Moser, R., Hatch, C. et al., “Non-Spherical Particle Trajectory Modelling for Ice Crystal Conditions,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1961, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1961
- Moser, R. and Roberts, I., “Numerical Optimisation of a Helicopter Engine Inlet Electrothermal Ice Protection System,” SAE Int. J. Adv. & Curr. Prac. in Mobility 2(1):265-271, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2042
- Hatch, C., Gent, R., and Moser, R., “Initial Results from a Hybrid Electro-Thermal Electro-Mechanical Simulation Tool (HETEMS),” SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2142, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2142
- Roger Gent, James Ford, Richard Moser and Dean Miller, “Results from SLD Mass Loss Tests in the ACT Luton Icing Research Wind Tunnel”, 41st Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, 6-9 January 2003, Reno, Nevada, AIAA paper 2003-389, https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2003-389
- Moser, R. and Gent, R., “Analysis for the Design and Test of an Ice Protection System for a Scoop Intake,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-38-0055, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-38-0055
- Hatch, C., Moser, R., Gent, R., and Hicks, P., “The Building Blocks for a Hybrid ElectroThermal-ElectroMechanical Simulation Tool,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-38-0035, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-38-0035
- Strehlow, R. and Moser, R., “Capitalizing on the Increased Flexibility that Comes from High Power Density Electrothermal Deicing,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-3165, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-3165
- Moser, R. and Gent, R., “Experience from Application of a 3D Ice Accretion Code,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2133, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-2133
- Gent, R., Ford, J., Moser, R., and Miller, D., “SLD Research in the UK,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2128, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-2128
- Gent, R., Moser, R., Cansdale, J., and Dart, N., “The Role of Analysis in the Development of Rotor Ice Protection Systems,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2090, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-2090